2018 · May

A Busy Weekend and Heat Exhaustion

Hello, Readers!

I missed posting this entire weekend. I am sorry about that. I should have prewritten posts and scheduled them to go live, but it didn’t occur to me that we’d be so busy both days. I will work on getting better about making sure there are posts to go live on the days I miss, but especially the weekends as those tend to be the days I’m the busiest.

This weekend we were celebrating my youngest daughter’s 16th. It’s hard to believe how quickly all that time has gone. As she wasn’t getting one of those huge Sweet 16 parties, we still wanted to make it special for her. So we let her pick what she wanted for her birthday. Which she, in turn, chose a family dinner and family time.

Saturday night was the entire family dinner, which turned out really great. It was a whole lot of fun, even if the food left you wanting something better. We were still in great company. Before that, though, we decided to take our grandson and daughter to the Aerospace Museum close by. We all had a blast looking at the planes and learning more about the wars, not to mention being able to see the advancements in technology as time progressed.

Then came the dinner with lots of love and laughter.

The next day we had plans to go to the zoo not too far away. We’ve been many times, but tend to make it once a year. It was so much fun. Not only did we get to see and learn about incredible creatures, but I also got to spend some quality time with my son, which is a rare occurrence and always great, while our daughters were off seeing a show and our grandson was napping in the wagon.

All in all, I would say we successfully gave our daughter a grand bring in to her 16th year of life on this Earth.

Today, however, I’m feeling it. After spending a night of extremely vivid dreams that woke me up every two hours and trying to suck down as much water as possible, I still woke up worse for ware. My throat was swollen and raw, not to mention I had a headache to top it all off. All common signs of dehydration and heat exhaustion.

I can imagine the heat exhaustion, but the dehydration tripped me up because all I drank there was water and I drank plenty of it. Still, I felt extremely rough. I chugged down a lot of water, refilled my bottle and put it next to my bed as I crawled back in early this morning. The restless sleep continued, but I finally woke up feeling a little less hammered.

Now, my body is running in survival mode and I’m consuming as much water as possible to keep from getting any more rough feeling. At least, I caught it before it moved onto the vomiting half of it. We even managed to keep sunburns down to the minimum as well, making sure we were all coated in sunscreen several times throughout the day.

All in all, I would say that it was a truly successful weekend for all of us. Now just to recover so I can go back to the things that I need to do.

Until next time, remember to L.O.L. (Live it, Own it, Love it) or it isn’t worth doing.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.